|Breast Cancer Information|
Raising Funds For Your Nonprofit Using An Annual Direct Mail Program
A good annual direct mail solicitation program can produce unrestrictive operating funds for your nonprofit organization year after year. And such an annual direct mail program, if done right, should produce more funding for your organization each year.
There are very few nonprofit organizations that couldn't benefit from an effective, and ongoing direct mail solicitation program. If you're currently using annual direct mail solicitations and would like to use it more effectively, or if you're not using this form of fundraising but would like to set up such a program. Then here are some steps to help you do this much more successfully:
1. Expand your mailing list or build one if you're just starting your direct mail program. To do this ask yourself: Who are the most likely people to support your organizations financially? If you are already using direct mail the answer to this questions should be obvious to you, in which case you need to find more of these kinds of people. Some of the many ways to do this are using compiled lists, rented or leased lists of people who support similar causes and etc. If you aren't using direct mail now then start with users of your services and/or friends and family members of users of your services, then explore complied, and rented or leased lists next.
2. Prepare a powerful direct mail package to solicit your list, which will include an appeal letter, and response form, a reply envelop, and of course an outer envelop to mail your package in that has the full legal name of your organization on it. Too in preparing your appeal letter by sure to make them emotional, interesting, and personal, and keep the focus of this letter on how those you serve will benefits from the gift as well as how the donor will benefit also. And always ask for their gift.
3. Make a test mailing of your direct mail package to your donor prospect list, and keep in mind that in direct mail solicitations all new mailings are a test. So don't invest large sums of money into this endeavor until you're relatively sure that you can get a good return on your investment. Whether you are currently using direct mail or not, all your new mailings are for finding what's called "new acquisitions" which are needed by you to obtain more funds from your direct mail program each year.
4. Evaluate vary carefully the results of each of your test mailings for new donor acquisitions, and if your mailing earns a slight profit, simply breaks even, or perhaps even loses a little money you may be able to still call your test a success. In fact, if you spend $1.25 or a little more for every dollar you raise consider your test a success, because when you renew these donors, that is mail to them again, you can easily get 80-90% of them to make another gift. This is where you'll really earn your profits from direct mail solicitations.
5. Build upon your direct mail successes by "renewing" your donors each year, that is getting them to make another gift. And continue to seek new donors to keep your direct mail list growing and more profitable each year, because if you don't continue to build your list it will grow smaller each year since donors move and stop giving for a variety of reasons.
Yes a good annual direct mail program can produce a regular and growing source of revenue for your organization year after when this fundraising methods is effectively used. Now use these steps to help you set up, or expand your annual direct mail solicitation program to raise more of the funds you need to better serve those who need you.
Berwyn J. Kemp is a development consultant who helps nonprofit organizations obtain funding. For free subscription to his newsletter Nonprofit Funding Solutions, or full details on his funding products and services, or to read more of his re-printable articles you can visit: http://www.berwynkempassoc.citymax.com/
Scrolling LED signs
Scrolling LED signs is type of LED signs that displays Scrolling text and can be used as outdoor and/or indoor outlet. Wide variety of businesses uses this equipment to spread news and other information quickly and efficiently. These are widely used in the areas like clinic, airport, industry, sporting events, banks and many others.
The Only Bad Advertising Is No Advertising - Or Is It?
Depending on whom you ask, you will get told many "truths" about advertising. The question I have for you today is this ? "Is the only bad advertising, no advertising?"
Secrets to Get Free Advertising
The opportunities to get free advertising for your product or services are limited only by your own imagination and energies. There are so many proven ways of promoting your objectives without cost that it literally boggles the mind just to think of listing them.
Get Free Radio Advertisement
Here's a neat trick to get lots of radio advertisement time, TOTALLY FREE! Imagine...absolutely free access to millions of listeners of offline and online radio!
Magnetic Business Cards: Make Your Marketing Message Stick
What is it about magnets that draw people to leave them on fridges and file cabinets for years at a time?
Customer-Involving Signage and Selling
Here's some easy ways to create signage that will attract, not annoy customers (and local government agencies that regulate signage):
Super Secret Tip For Using PPC Search Engine Advertising Successfully
It's not about traffic; it's about generating leads. That's right. It only took me eight words to give you the secret super tip on using pay-per-click (PPC) search engines successfully. It's not about generating traffic to your website; it's about generating leads from the traffic for which you are paying. This slight shift in understanding about where the value resides in PPC search engines could make all the difference when it comes to capitalizing on the web promotional resource known as PPC.
Take Advantage of Your Foes
Let's take an example that is easy to check: I am French. Among the readers who reacted while reading that, an half felt their painful stomach ulcers starting up again while the others remembered their burning desire for visiting France. Nothing inexplicable. If the French-haters had not been that determined, the French-lovers would never have had to be so supportive. How long would it take to a Finn or a Bulgarian to provoke any reaction?
Business Cards: Why Waste Valuable Space?
So many business people neglect this valuable asset that may be used for a multitude of messages.
Do I Need Raised Letter or Full Color Business Cards?
If you've been searching around for business cards that will best represent the image you want to portray for your business, then you've no doubt encountered many options. The Big Two, as I like to think of them, are "Raised Letter" and "Full Color."
B2B Marketing Health and Elder Care Services
Quality Care Options is an established company advocating for the right of all seniors to receive excellent service and product. The organization recommends Certified Senior Approved Services to its elderly clientele.
How to SAVE Yourself from Spending too Much Money on Advertising!
How much money have you spent in Advertising, Promotion & Marketing? If you're like most people you've probably spent over $1000 or more. Many individuals and companies have spent $2000 to $50,000 in Advetising within a course of 1 Year... Ouch!
Electronic Reader Board
Electronic reader boards are the most efficient way to convey the information. Therefore these nowadays are widely accepted all over the world. These have found admirers in all sorts of places, and continuous in serving in unlikely areas too. in the world of finance, sports, research, and many others, electronic reader boards are sovereign.
How to Write Ads that Pull Orders
If your ads aren't paying off then you need this quick method in writing ads that get orders. Step 1 - Write a headline that will draw attention to your product or service.Don't write headlines with phrases like: Attention please!! Create headlines that IMMEDIATELY let people know what you are selling. If you have envelopes for sale at a discount, use a headline, which says: Discount Envelopes.
Predictions for 2010
2005 puts us at the mid-point of the first decade of the new millenium. What will things look like at the end of the 1st decade of the new millenium in the world of advertising? I thought I'd project where the ad industry is headed and what 2010 (or sooner) might look like. This two-part article will take those discussions a few steps further. First, we'll look at a scenario that is likely to be common by 2010 when the heretofore separate worlds of TV advertising, search marketing, behavioral targeting and inventory yield management blend together. If you buy some of this scenario, it's interesting to look at the implications for ad agencies. In part two, I'll speculate on the likelihood of Google being the biggest "ad agency" in world. If you look through the prism I lay out, it will cause you to think differently about where the industry is headed whether or not you agree with some of the specifics.
Create Your Dynamic Elevator Speech
So, what's an elevator speech, and how do you get one?
Is Advertising Art?
Oh Grand and Glorious Southern Guru, I am perplexed. What ails thee, my peabrained little grasshopper? My sleep has been short, my walls have been climbed, my hair has been pulled.
How to Write Great Headlines
According to experts, just changing the headline of an ad or sales letter has been known to dramatically improve the effectiveness of an ad or sales letter by up to 1700 percent! Yes, headlines are that powerful--and that important!
Push vs Pull Advertising
Push vs. Pull Advertising - Understand the Consequences for your Product or Service
Small Cards, Big Ideas: Alternative Uses for Business Cards
Aggressive business card marketing isn't about handing your business cards out to everyone you see.
|home | site map|
|Copyright © 2005 Bisey.net|